- Only submit a TAR if your GSC application was awarded. After receiving approval of your grant application from GSC, you must submit a valid SG TAR via the instructions below. TARs must be submitted within 7 days of notification of award.
- Once you submit your TAR, you can check its status on Docutraq.
- If you have any difficulties with the TAR submission process, please contact the GSC treasurer.
- Please read all instructions before completing individual steps. Failure to follow these instructions carefully will most likely result in your TAR submission being denied. Please be advised that grants may be denied or cancelled after being submitted as a TAR for many reasons. This does NOT mean that you are no longer eligible for the grant from GSC. It simply means that the TAR must be corrected and resubmitted for the next step of approval to occur. However, if your TAR submission is denied, we cannot guarantee that there will be time to fix it, so it is crucial that you follow instructions exactly as shown. Please see the bottom of this page for instructions on resubmitting a denied TAR.
- All Grants are currently reimbursed up to a maximum of $350 in reimbursement for eligible expenses NOT PAID on a P-Card, and for trips NOT FUNDED BY another Student Government-funded organization other than GSC.
- Remember, grants may cover conference registration, transportation, and lodging, but NOT food, entertainment, or purchases made on department P-cards. Please note that all expected purchases are subject to approval by the Student Government (SG) Finance Office.
- No PCard purchases – you must pay for the expense to receive reimbursement, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Under NO circumstances will departments be reimbursed for processing students’ travel, NOR will a department TAR be accepted in lieu of a TAR submitted through Docutraq to SG Finance.
- It is illegal to “double dip” with receipts between Student Government and any other association (i.e. you can’t get reimbursed twice for the same expense). Travel is often audited and, if this is violated, your entire department may be ineligible for travel grants for the next two years. However, you can receive support from multiple sources, as long as these are not other Student Government-funded organizations and as long as the amount of support does not exceed the total cost of travel.
- Have the confirmation email you received after submitting your initial application available.
- Have this page available at all times, and follow the instructions exactly.
- Know your confirmed dates of travel. It is important that the dates submitted here match the dates submitted on your receipts for reimbursement. If the dates have changed from the initial application, but are still for the same conference, it is not necessary to notify GSC as long as your TAR is correct.
- Please set aside 30-60 minutes to complete your TAR application in its entirety. If you are idle on the website for longer than 5 minutes, you will automatically be logged out and may have to start over again.
- Go to Docutraq and click ‘Access Docutraq’. You MAY be prompted to log in with your Gatorlink username and password.
*Please set aside 30-60 minutes to complete your TAR application in its entirety. If you are idle on the website for longer than 5 minutes, you will automatically be logged out and may have to start over again.
- View detailed Docutraq instructions here.
Next, within 7-10 days of approval by GSC President/Treasurer the SG Finance Office will review the TAR form online and again they will process it if the instructions were followed properly. The status of the TAR during this approval process will automatically be sent to you via a series of emails:
- Screen for fund availability
- Business Manager Approval
- Treasurer Approval
- Request submitted to UF Purchasing
- P.O. # inputted into SG accounting system
Not all applicants have received each email so if you wondering about your status, you can review your TAR status on Docutraq by returning to Docutraq, searching for your TAR, and clicking on your TAR for more details.
Keep in mind that you will need to keep original itemized receipts that indicate the method of payment (e.g., personal credit card, check, cash). If your receipts do not show the form of payment made, you will need to provide a copy of your credit card statement or check.
Remember, SG Finance will not reimburse purchases made from department Pcards.
DO NOT highlight or write on original receipts except as described below. DO NOT submit a receipt in which the date of purchase was made prior to the date you received approval (unless it is for airline travel, conference registration, or hotel registration.)
When you return: You will have 30 calendar days from the last date of travel to bring original receipts to the SG Finance Office, which is located on the third floor of the Reitz Union. Go to the third floor, go through right-most glass doors to the “Student Activities and Involvement” area, then stay right.
It is required that you submit receipts in person (in case they are lost in the mail or there are issues with the receipts). However, if you have no choice but to mail the receipts, first contact Tabitha Hill at SG Finance to get approval. If approved, make a copy for your records, then place them in a single envelope and write on the front: Graduate Student Council Travel Grant – Applicant Last Name, First Name (for example, “Graduate Student Council Travel Grant – Doe, John”). Place that envelope inside another envelope and mail it to this address:
Attn: SG Finance
PO Box 118514
3000 J. Wayne Reitz Union, Room 3015
Gainesville, FL 32611
Failure to submit a new TAR will result in the loss of your award, and will count as your allowable GSC award for the fiscal year.