The GSC offers grants to students traveling domestically* and internationally for conferences and professional development. All students in eligible departments may apply for the grants. The application can be found on Gator Connect.
All questions about grants should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Domestic is defined as one of the 50 United States. All other locations are considered international, including Puerto Rico.
Start Grant Application
Updates Regarding Conference/Professional Development Funding:
- For those students whose conferences were canceled and who already purchased travel, they may submit receipts for their expenses as normal and they will be refunded up to the award amount.
- For those whose conferences were canceled but who have not spent money on the conference, we will allow them to carry forward the grant for a future conference in Summer/Fall 2020.
- For those students whose conferences have been rescheduled for Summer or Fall 2020, the awarded grants will be honored. They should submit their TARs no later than 1 month before the rescheduled conference.
- Until we receive notice from the university, the Graduate Student Council Grants program will not be accepting or reviewing travel grant applications. For questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
- Information Regarding Fall 2020 Travel Grants: Beginning August 2020, the Graduate Student Council will be accepting travel grants for graduate students attending virtual conferences or essential travel approved by the Dean of that student’s college.
- As UF reopens and re-engages with other universities, industries, research and instructional initiatives, and governmental agencies, it is to be expected that members of the community will engage in additional travel closely tied to these activities. Consequently, essential travel directly connected to assigned university duties will be approved by the Dean of a College (or analogous Director in certain units), a Senior Vice President, or Vice President. At this time and until further notice, Deans and Directors may not delegate this responsibility to Department Chairs. No travel reimbursements will be issued without that approval.
For updated information related to COVID-19, click here.
Eligibility is strictly enforced according to the following policies:
- A department can only miss one GSC general body meeting before becoming ineligible (i.e. a department immediately becomes ineligible after 2 absences)
- Attendance resets at the start of the fiscal year (i.e. if a department misses one meeting during 2013-2014, they are reset to zero absences for 2014-2015)
- Ineligibility does NOT reset between fiscal years (i.e. once ineligible, a department must go through the formal process to regain eligibility. To do this, contact GSCGrants@gmail.com prior to submitting an application.)
With questions regarding the identification of your departmental representative, please contact the GSC Secretary.
You can check your department’s eligibility status in the Eligibility 2020 document.