The GSC offers grants to students traveling domestically* and internationally for conferences and professional development. All students in eligible departments may apply for the grants. The application can be found on Gator Connect.
All questions about grants should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Domestic is defined as one of the 50 United States. All other locations are considered international, including Puerto Rico.
Start Grant Application
Updates Regarding Conference/Professional Development Funding:
- For those students whose conferences were canceled and who already purchased travel, they may submit receipts for their expenses as normal and they will be refunded up to the award amount.
- For those whose conferences were canceled but who have not spent money on the conference, we will allow them to carry forward the grant for a future conference in 2022. But proof of conference cancelation will be required.
- Information Regarding Travel Grants: Beginning August 2020, the Graduate Student Council will be accepting travel grants for graduate students attending virtual conferences.
- For those whose conferences have been moved from an in-person to a virtual format, if no TAR was submitted, you may decline to use your travel grant and still be eligible to apply again for GSC travel grant funding in the same fiscal year (July 1-June 30). Please note, if you decline to use your awarded funding, you are not guaranteed funding for another application in the future. You must go through the application and award process again.
For updated information related to COVID-19, click here.
Eligibility is strictly enforced according to the following policies:
- A department can only miss one GSC general body meeting before becoming ineligible (i.e. a department immediately becomes ineligible after 2 absences)
- Attendance resets at the start of the fiscal year (i.e. if a department misses one meeting during 2013-2014, they are reset to zero absences for 2014-2015)
- Ineligibility does NOT reset between fiscal years (i.e. once ineligible, a department must go through the formal process to regain eligibility. To do this, contact GSCGrants@gmail.com prior to submitting an application.)
With questions regarding the identification of your departmental representative, please contact the GSC Secretary.
You can check your department’s eligibility status in the Eligibility 2020 document.